The objectives of Lao Biodiversity Association (LBA) include (a) cooperating closely with the official authorities at different levels for the forest, wildlife, land, water and environment conservation and promotion; (b) cooperate closely with the official authorities at different levels to create opportunity for the livelihood system of people in remote areas; (c) provision of aid and assistance to villagers in remote areas for acceding to school, water, hygiene and sanitation, and renewable energy system; (d) reporting to the official authorities the remarks on positive and negative effects in implementation of government policy in different and remote areas; and (e) connecting and cooperating with different organizations, foundations, funds even with business societies and individuals, for acceding to the financial opportunity for the small projects.
Biodiversity and human beings are the creatures of nature. Nature is the God Creator of all. That’s why we must not only behave as well wishers regarding nature, but also consider nature as our parent who gives our birth and life. As the LBA concept: Biodiversity involves not only the forest, wildlife, land, water, hygiene and sanitation and environment, but also human beings and their ecosystems.
- Preservation of Biodiversity
- Improvement of living conditions of ethnic minorities on buffer zones for forest conservation.
- Capacity enhancement to integrate ecosystem-based adaptation into sub-national development planning
The goals of the Lao Biodiversity Association (LBA) are to take part in the process of wildlife conservation, forest conservation, forestation, and ethno-botany according to government strategy and goals (70% of green forests on 2015), and to take part in the process of poverty alleviation according to the government policy (Eradication of poverty at 2020).
- Active contribution to the sustainable conservation and development of the biodiversity, the natural and social environment of Laos.
- Active contribution to the reduction of poverty especially in remote area among the minority people.
- Active participation in process to alleviate climate change and to activate oxygen emission to the air.